Dutch-Bangla Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DBCCI) in an established institute for the common interest of Dutch oriented business companies and organizations. This is the only bilateral chamber having formal and constitutional approval by the Government of Bangladesh. This institute though very young, has so far been maintaining 138 member companies under its registration and more Dutch oriented companies are yet to register names.
According to Terms of Reference (TOR), DBCCI, upon recognizing private sectors ability, shall keep possible contribution to achieve goal of socioeconomic development and in the local and Dutch investment and trade.
In fostering the combination further, the main objectives of the institute are to provide trade and industry not only to facilitate exchanging of views and ideas but also to protect Dutch views mostly and mainly in Bangladesh based on representative discussion. Accordingly the fields of this institute are at this stage identified as follows:
- To develop DBCCI and provide facilities and services to persons, firms and companies interested in economic transaction such as trade, commerce and industry between the Netherlands and Bangladesh.
- To disseminate knowledge and information relating to Dutch trade, commerce, industry and other economic fields.
- To organize visits of business delegations from the Netherlands as well as visits of business delegations from Bangladesh to the Netherlands.
- To promote products of the Netherlands in Bangladesh as well as products of Bangladesh in the Netherlands.
- To help and to resolve business transaction disputes between companies from the Netherlands and Bangladesh as and when necessary.
- To organize and administer Dutch workshop, seminar, conference, matchmaking, training etc time to time, which consequently to result expansion of Dutch market and business area in Bangladesh.
- To strengthen economic cooperation between the two friendly countries.